How to Get the Best Results with Adipex
Many people struggle with being overweight. However, some of them keep gaining pounds and eventually they develop obesity. When someone is obese he is severely overweight. Not only that, but he is also at risk for numerous health problems: high blood pressure, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke etc. That is why all medical professionals would recommend immediate weight loss until that person reaches a far less dangerous weight.
However, this is easier said than done. Most people who are overweight, even those that just have a few extra pounds, have tried at one point or another to lose weight. Not all of them succeed: some are simply lazy, while others are unwilling to make the necessary sacrifices and changes to their lifestyles in order to lose weight. Some people might not find the time to exercise and to eat healthy.
There are those that simply have not found the method that works for them yet. The weight loss industry makes billions of dollars every year and this has resulted in many, many products that deal with this issue, from fad diets to weigh loss pills to revolutionary exercising machines.
Not all of these products are capable of delivering what they promise. However, that is not to say that you will not lose any weight when you use them. The issue here would be to lose that weight in a healthy way. This is something that a lot of people are willing to neglect. As long as their scales keeps going lower and lower and as fast as possible, they do not care about possible consequences or repercussions. This is a problem for several reasons. First of all, some products can cause more damage to your health than you would by staying overweight. Secondly, many of these products only work on a temporary basis, with people complaining that they put the weight back on as soon as they stop using them.
- Adipex is one of the most popular diet pills around and it is regularly prescribed by doctors to patients that struggle with obesity in order to help them lose weight. It is a stimulant that affects the central nervous system and convinces the brain to enter “fight or flight” mode, a state where the body prepares to deal with a dangerous situation by increasing adrenaline levels and releasing extra fat stored in cells to be used as energy. During this time, the medication causes an increase in neurotransmitter production such as epinephrine and norepinephrine. Besides making you feel more energetic, this will also suppress your appetite, thus helping you eat less and lose weight.
Right from the start, it needs to be mentioned that Adipex is best used as a weight loss aid. This means that it should be taken while following a low calorie diet plan and exercising regularly. This is the only true way to achieve proper weight loss. By itself, some results are to be expected as the medication causes people to eat less, but they will be nowhere near optimum.
An Exercise Plan while Taking Adipex
Exercising regularly while taking Adipex is a great way to ensure that you lose as much weight as possible. However, deciding on your fitness routine is more important than you might have thought. It is not advisable to choose any exercise you prefer. When you select your workouts, you should take into consideration possible side effects of the drug such as the stimulation of the hypothalamus or an increased heart rate. It is best to let a professional instructor or fitness expert establish a routine for you that is both healthy and efficient.
Some people that start taking Adipex also have a medical problem besides being overweight such as high blood pressure or diabetes. Although these are better looked after with a proper diet, there are exercises that can also help improve these conditions.
- Your goal when you are exercising is to lose weight. That is why you should look into workouts that burn a lot of calories i.e. cardiovascular exercises. These will not only melt those extra pounds, but will also increase your stamina. They are preferable over weightlifting and other strength-building exercises. Those are not only hard to do for obese people, but are also intended more for the building of muscle mass, not for weight loss.
- The exercises you start with will depend on your current health status and how fit you are. You do not need to worry about them being expensive, as the best exercises are very accessible. Running, for example, is a great idea. You can do it indoors if you have a treadmill and, if not, you could just go for a job in the morning. Perhaps you prefer cycling. It is the same situation: you can either do it at home using a stationary bike or use a real one and go for a ride outside. If you are looking for something a little more fun, you can try an aerobics or dancing class. You can do this with your friends and meet other people that are going through the same struggle as you. If you prefer to stay at home, then all you need is a workout DVD and you can exercise in front of the TV.
Some people might be too overweight and such exercises are too trying for them. It’s ok. They can take it as slow as they need. Instead of jogging, they can simply take a nice, relaxing walk outside. If aerobics are too intense, then they can try yoga. The most important thing is to start making a change to their lifestyle and to make exercise a part of their regular routine. It is recommended that they start off slow, anyway. This will give their body time to adjust to the Adipex and it gives them time to see whether they experience any unpleasant side effects such as elevated heart rate that could pose a threat to them while they are exercising. The best course of action in this case is to begin with a low intensity workout program and increase the difficulty gradually.
A Diet Plan while Taking Adipex
Exercising is not enough for the best weight loss results; you will also need to follow a low calorie diet. The good news is that should be easier to do than normal with the Adipex working as an appetite suppressant. You will need to pay extra attention to what you eat and, hopefully, these changes to your diet become permanent. There is no general rule of thumb for how strict the diet should be, but the general recommendation is around 1600 calories per day for women and 2200 calories per day for men. It is entirely possible for your doctor to recommend a much lower calorie diet depending on your current weight status and how much you want to lose.
- Of course, you will also need to pay attention to what you eat, not just how much. The well-known food pyramid should tell you what food groups you should focus on and what food groups you should avoid. Carbohydrates are necessary and you should consume between four to eight servings per day. These are rich in fiber and they help you feel full for a longer time, meaning that more time will pass until you feel the need to eat again. Of course, when you do this, you should look for healthy carbs, as well. The best advice is to choose whole grains over processed ones. These are lower in calories and are also much healthier because they go through a completely different process.
- No diet is complete without a good portion of fruits and veggies. Most people will expect these to be the cornerstone of any weight loss diet and for good reason: they are very low in calories, but are packed with nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. You cannot follow a healthy diet unless you eat as many of these as you can. Look to consume around four to five servings each day. Vegetables can be part of all of your big meals while fruits can be used as dessert or as snacks between meals.
- Protein is just as important. You get protein from meat, as well as eggs, beans and other various foods. If you do eat meat, try to go with the healthier options. Fish is the best choice because it contains not only protein, but also omega-3 fatty acids. If not fish, then choose chicken or turkey. Avoid pork and beef if you can because the meat has more fat. Speaking of fat, you will need to cut down. It is too calorie-rich so fatty foods should always be consumed with restraint. The same goes for sweets that are full of sugar and represent mostly empty calories.
Dairy products should be included in your diet because they are the best source of iron and calcium, among other important minerals. However, like before, you should look for healthier low-fat alternatives whenever you can. That way you can maximize your weight loss results while taking Adipex.